Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I AM

I am everything, and I am nothing.
I am Sandra, Sandy, Sand, Sam and Sis.
I am a child, a daughter, a sister, a cousin, a friend.
I am strong and weak, happy and sad, silly and serious.
I am brilliant and ignorant, focused and oblivious.
I am a warrior, a victim, a leader and a servant.
I am independent and powerful, dependent and powerless.
I am soft and feminine, hard and masculine.
I am resilient, breakable, flexible and rigid.
I am adventurous and scared, popular and lonely.
I am divine in nature, and evil in intent.
I am a mother without a child, yet I nurture.
I am a wife without a husband, yet I love.
I am a lover without a partner, yet I feel.
I am an artist without a canvas, yet I paint a picture.
I am a photographer without a camera, yet I capture with my eyes.
I am a musician without an instrument, yet I still play.
I am a writer without a story, yet I tell one everyday.
I am a doctor without a degree, yet I can heal with words and touch.
I am a leader without a following, yet I reign over my domain.
I am you and you are me. We are one.
I am here because of you.
I am here in spite of you.
I am here at your request and you are here at mine.
I am whatever you want me to be.
I fulfill a need for you and you fulfill a need for me.
My emotions are a reflection of you.
Your emotions are a reflection of me.
It matters not where we are in time and space or whether we’ve even met.
We still have an influence on one another.
Every decision I make impacts you and every decision you make impacts me.

I am responsible for you and you are responsible for me.
We are nothing without each other.

The whole idea of being anything makes no sense because we are everything. It is our birthright - our reason for being.

So if I am and you are – how are we any different? How can you be this and me that?

The same light that gives me life gives you life as well. It’s that light that makes us one. It’s the same no matter what I am. It has no name, no identity, no ambition and no motive.

It just is and I just am.

Call me what you like, tell me who I am, it changes nothing. I will continue to be everything and nothing.

No comments: